Landscape Garden Design Software

Hanggord 14:20 23 Jan 03
  Hanggord 14:20 23 Jan 03

Can anyone suggest a landscape garden design package that actually works?

I have read a number of reviews and the all say much the same that they are inflexiable, not user friendly and a con by TV persoanlities to rake in more monet etc

I'm not looking to redesign Kew gardens but just want a package thats reasonably robust and works. Is there anything around in the shareware side or on a coverdisk that someone can suggest even?

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 14:39 23 Jan 03

the best one i can recommend is Geoff Hamiltons 3d design, it used to be given away on cover disks but i have not seen it for awhile, but you can often pick it up in bargian racks etc for about a fiver.

I have used it (a couple of yrs ago) to layout my garden and it's pretty good as you can advance the plants etc through the seasons. Unfortunatly I cannot find in my collection.

BrianW 16:01 23 Jan 03

I have tried several packages and have given up. The professionals use purpose built versions of programmes like Autocad. I am now using a combination of a simple art package like PC Paintbrush (a very old version) together with Digital Photos of the site I am working on, input into PSP7 then using layers to wipe out areas or try new planting ideas / colour combinations. It works OK for me. If you want to go for the bigger packages get in touch with your local Further Education service - they sometimes run design courses and recommend a package or contact the RHS - they can be quite helpful

pj123 16:57 23 Jan 03

I just found a CD called 3d Garden Designer. If you want it email me and I will snailmail it to you.

Hanggord 17:34 23 Jan 03

Does actually work i.e. have u tried it?

If it does would be grateful for a copy and will e-mail u my address.

Belatucadrus 17:42 23 Jan 03

click here for Smartdraw, draw deck and landscape plans. Don't know if it works well, but as it's free could be worth a quick look

MoiraB 18:56 23 Jan 03

I tried Geoff Hamilton's 3D garden design when I lived in a split level house which was built into a hill - disastrous - if you looked from the top (terrace) area to the front it looked as if you were on the edge of a cliff! I'm fairly puter-literate but I have to admit I gave up and sent it to the car boot sale. I'm sure other people who perhaps live on a less complicated site have mastered it.

pj123 22:57 23 Jan 03

Can't remember. i have had it for a long time now.

email me your address and i will send it to you. give it whirl.

No obligations.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…