LAN settingd

howerdjay 11:38 07 Feb 03

Lately I have been finding it impossible to get on to some web sites as I kept getting the message that the site I was trying to use required my browser to accept & support cookies and advising me to adjust my settings. To my amazement when I checked up on the security settings of Internet Options, all the cookie settings were to 'allow', so I couldn't find out how else to get to use those sites. Then one day I was searching around looking at anythying connected to the internet and found the LAN settings on the 'connections tab' of the 'internet options'. When I ticket the box for "automatically detect settings" and un-ticked anything else, I found that I was able to get round the problem that had been annoying me for so long! Sadly though, that setting would not stay set and each time I turn off Internet Explorer it drops out and I have to go through the rigmorol of re-setting it before I can get going again. Please can someone advise me how to get these settings to stay and not have to keep going back to that page to reset. I thank anyone who can help me in advance as in the past when I have had problems such as this someone has always managed to get me out of trouble before very long, so I can only hope for more of the same. Howerd Jay

smcarlsen 11:47 07 Feb 03

What version of IE are you using? How do you connect to the internet, modem or lan? I'm not sure how the detection setting is having an effect on the problem if modem. Have you tried deleting all your internet temp files and all old cookies. If it is IE 6 you can do it through tools/internet options if not you may have to d/load a utility or manually find the folder and physically delete them. Worth a try though..Check your security settings again. Upgrade to IE6 if haven't already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…