LAN problem limited or no connectivity (cabled)

Matthotshot 17:49 21 Apr 08

Hi all,

I have been using my pc to connect my xbox 360 to the internet quite happily for a couple of months. Last week i had a bit of a software problem and decided to reformat my pc. Everything went fine until i tried connecting my xbox to he internet again. I have also tried connecting a laptop to the same connection. I have dual lan connections and they both have the same problem. It says acquiring network address and then says their is limited or no connectivity, my broadband at present is through a usb port, thats why i can still get on the internet. I have tried reinstalling the drivers and updating them. Please help i am missing valuable call of duty 4 time online.

gengiscant 18:29 21 Apr 08

Might be something here.
click here

Matthotshot 21:41 21 Apr 08

i've managed to connect my laptop to he xbox fine. I think it must be a driver problem or something with my towerunit's ethernet port, I've tried installing a new driver but that hasn't worked any ideas?

gengiscant 18:59 22 Apr 08

Model/make of PC?
Have a look here and see if there are any exclamation marks in yellow or red crosses.

Start.
Control panel.
System.
Hardware.
Device manager.

Let me know what you find, if anything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…