LAN problem

Gibbons 11:25 05 Feb 06

I Have had a wired lan netwrok set up fro a little while now and it has been working fine, sharing the internet connection from my pc with my laptop through a crossover ethernet cable. However when my laptop located a wireless network (i assume from a neighbouring house)with no security i clicked connect mainly out of curiosity. This connected but the signal was poor so i went to plug my ethernet cable back in but then i started having problems reconnecting to my network. Upon trying to reconnect it said something about an ip conflict so i set both computers to configure their ip address and DNS address' automatically, however this doesnt work and i cant get back to how things were! What sort of ip should i be using for a home lan network? And how can i get things back to how they were? thankyou!

bluesbrother 12:00 05 Feb 06

Lots of useful info here click here

Gibbons 12:03 05 Feb 06

ok thanks i just had to set the laptop to get an ip and a dns automatically. easy once you know the answer!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…