LAN ERROR little to no connectivity.sameashelproom

jameslovato 01:17 12 May 07

AS A NEW user of this site i accidentally put this thread also in the HELP ROOM instead of the NETWORKING SECTION SOoo sorry for the inconvenience.

IVE TRIED repair. configuring my IP and settings manually, tried winsockxpfix, releasing and reseting my IP, reseting my router, almost everything to be able to connect through my LAN. The story is that im connecting from my PC which is receiving wireless connection from my router on my main computer downstairs. im using a cross over cable to connect to my XBOX to get internet connection on my XBOX to play online. IT has allways worked up till about 1 week ago. I have MCAFEE SECURITY CENTER AND ZONE ALARM PRO(WICH I SHUT OFF AFTER MY COMPUTER BOOTS UP BECAUSE OF NO NEED AT THE TIME TO USE IT).

STREETWORK 09:18 12 May 07

Usually the first place to look is your ISP help pages or the support section of the hardware you are using.

If you can provide some information

1. which router are you using
2. Operating system.

Worth checking Zone alarm website as some updates can cause problems.

Check the program permissions in Zone Alarm.

Little or no connectivity may point to you having to create a new connection from control panel, network connections. Use the 'make new connection' wizard...

jameslovato 16:26 12 May 07

I am using a LINksys router.
OS- would that be windows xp

Under NEw connection which one do i click to create a new LAN CONnection. Because obviously i can get online on my comp. but i cant on my XBOX.

1)Connect the internet so you can browse the Web and read email.
2)connect to a business network so you can work from home, a field office, or another location.
3)connect to an existing home or small office network or set up a new one.
4)connect directly to another computer using you serial, parallel, or infrared port, or set up this computer so that other computers can connect to it.

I TRIED # 4 but i didnt work. i probably did it wrong.

STREETWORK 09:46 13 May 07

If connecting the xbox to the PC using a crossover cable you will need to allow shared access to the connection to the internet.

to do this,

Open network connections in control panel

Select your main connection and the xbox one, then right click to bridge connections...

jameslovato 18:10 13 May 07

well i didnt have to do that before to get internet access on my xbox. but i tried bridging them but when i bridge the WIRELESS CONNECTION AND THE LAN I LOOSE INTERNET ACCESS ON MY COMPUTER.

jameslovato 18:12 13 May 07

well i didnt have to do that before to get internet access on my xbox. all i had to do was check to box that said allow other users to connect using this computers internet connection. but i tried bridging them but when i bridge the WIRELESS CONNECTION AND THE LAN I LOOSE INTERNET ACCESS ON MY COMPUTER.

jameslovato 03:02 15 May 07

problem fixed thanks sooooooo much for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017