LAN - e-mail sharing

plainbob 11:08 10 Aug 05

In our home office we have two computers on a LAN. They both operate under Windows XP. I have been using Mozilla Suite for some time and have just down loaded Thunderbird and Firefox.
What I would like to do and haven't cracked so far, is to access the same e-mail account, address book and mail folders from both machines. Is this possible? If it is how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated.

webber_man 16:58 10 Aug 05

Sorry, can't help. But i'd also love to know the answer - i'll keep my eye on this thread!

Belatucadrus 18:09 10 Aug 05

click here free for up to 5 users.

plainbob 17:58 11 Aug 05

I went to the Mozillazine help forum and got a useful response:-
"Create a file share on one of the two machines and have both machines use a profile on that file share. If you use the profile manager you can create a profile anywhere you want."

Instructions on how to do this can be found in Mozilla Thunderbird (TB) Help. The steps are:-
Open TB;Help;Mozilla TB Help;Mozilla TB Support;Edit Config files manually; Profile folder; Profile Manager.

Hope this of use to any one with similar problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…