LAN connection problem

ali888 04:17 04 Apr 08

Hi,

I have an issue and wonder if anyone here might be able to assist me to find a solution.

I have a several PCs connected to the Server SBS 2003 and have a problem with one of the PCs. The problem is to do with the LAN connection.

It's connected to the server at the start through a hard-wired network cable. I can access the files (on the server) i want and work on them. However, after a while, all of a sudden, i can no longer access any files. It came up with a message "Disk network error". This forces me to work offline files. What makes me puzzle is that the LAN connection is always established (i mean, when you log into the computer, you can automatically access the files on the server with no drama) at the start and then after a while, for some unknown reason, i have to work offline files.

How do i find out what's happening here or what causes this to happen? i wouldn't be confident to say the entire LAN connection dropped out because when i did "ipconfig", it returns with the valid IP address. One thing i didn't test/try was to see if i could get onto the internet.

Is there a network tool or anything that i could use to diagnose this?

Thank you in advance

ambra4 11:13 04 Apr 08

Lan Card Setting

Right click on Local Area Connection Display Icon on task bar

Click Status-General-Properties

At the top of display the type of Lan card will be displayed

Click Configure-Click-Advanced Tab

Click- Flow Control-Change to Enabled if Disabled

Click-Power Management Tab

Untick if selected "Allow Computer to turn this device off to save power

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…