LAN Connection failed

panhandle 13:49 05 Feb 06

I have [had] wireless networked desktop & laptop. For some reason, today, I cannot see the folders on one computer from the other. This came to light when synchronisation with AllSync failed.

The wireless bit is OK - showing connected & signal strength "excellent" @ 11mbps.

THe LAN is showing connected on the desktop, although I cannot see the laptop. The LAN on the laptop does not show connected, and when I click LAN in Network Connections it reads >enabling and then >connection failed

Beats me. I have run network setup wizard several times on both machines. Any ideas on this difficulty would be most welcome.

mgmcc 15:39 05 Feb 06

I assume by "LAN" you mean the "Wireless Network Connection"? If so, and it cannot be "enabled", you might have to uninstall and then reinstall the Wireless Network Adapter hardware. Have a look in Device Manager to see if there is any indication of a problem with the adapter, which you might be able to resolve just by using the "Update Driver" option. You could also try running System Restore back to before the problem arose.

panhandle 18:41 05 Feb 06

Yes, I did mean the wireless network connection. Weird thing is that I came back, saw your suggestion, looked at the 2 machines to check drivers etc and everything was OK and I am busy synchronising now.

No explanation for that one so I'll sign off til the inevitable next one. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…