LAN between Windows and Risc OS

riscuser 18:06 19 Sep 07
Answered

I have a PC running Windows XP service pack 2 and a Risc PC, running Risc OS 4.03.

They are networked via a wired LAN.

Most of the time if I boot the Risc machine first and then the Windows PC the windows will see the network and announce that the connection has been made but at other times it states that the cable is unplugged.

When the problem occurs, the only way get a connection that the PC will recognise is to re boot the Windows machine.

I use the network to enable the Risc PC to use the printer via a programme called Uniserve from R Comp and to be able to use the Risc PC as a server for another programme called Virtual Acorn running on the PC to access data stored upon it.

As you are probably aware Windows cannot read Risc OS discs but Risc can read Windows discs.

Any ideas why Windows at time will not see the connection and why it has to be booted second.

riscuser 17:43 07 Jun 09
Answer

Resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…