laggy graphics card

zack955 11:30 17 Oct 10

i have a Toshiba satellite pro l450d laptop
windows 7(64 bit),AMD Athlon II X2 3 GHz Processor,4gb ram,160gb hdd,ati radeon hd3200,15.6-inch LED-back lit HD screen.and i want to play games on it but the gpu isnt that good,has anybody got any solutions.and do you think my laptop is good?
please reply...and by the way i was going to buy a vi dock external gpu but my laptop hasnt got an express card slot,which is the only way you can plug in the vi dock,and i havent got a mini pci-e slot either.

gengiscant 12:15 17 Oct 10

You don't mention what games you are hoping to play.

GaT7 12:22 17 Oct 10

You're right, HD3200 graphics is relatively poor for most graphics-intensive (G-I) 3D games - you can view more info at click here - game benchmarks are lower down. If you notice the HD3200 lies low down under Class 3 in the list on the right column. You really need something much higher up the list for G-I 3D games - the higher the better. Your choice will also depend on the game(s) being played, the settings you play them at & your budget.

More laptop graphics benchmarks/comparisons you may find useful:
click here
click here
click here

As you don't have an ExpressCard (EC)
slot, there are only two ways to improve your graphics: buy a laptop with better inbuilt graphics OR one with the EC slot, ViDock & separate graphics card. In short, you'll need to buy a more suitable laptop for gaming. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…