Lack of wireless connection - what could be wrong?

daveyork 14:11 16 Jan 08

As the title suggests I'm having problems with a very sporadic wireless connection.

I am currently using a BT Voyager 2110 with the latest firmware trying to connect to my laptop, psp and/or wii. Obviously the laptop gives me better diagnostics and I can see that sometimes I can connect to the router fine but this only lasts approx 5 minutes. Sometimes I cannot connect at all and then suddenly it will, but again it only lasts for a little while. How close I am to the router doesn't seem to make a difference.

I have tried changing channels, changing router (got a new Voyager), moving router position from upstairs to downstairs. None of these have helped at all.

My wireless connection was working fine up until a little while ago when I changed desktops but I don't think that this is the issue as even when it's unplugged I have the issue with the laptop. Can anyone think of a possible solution for this? What could be causing interference?

Thanks.

daveyork 14:13 16 Jan 08

Just to add that I am using WPK security which did used to work fine. Using a wired connection there are no problems at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now