Lack of synch: with new web-cam

anchor 09:44 25 Feb 06

I have just bought a new Logitech QuickCam 5000. I installed the software exactly as recommended, rebooted, and plugged in the camera to my USB2 port. It was immediately recognised, and all seemed to go well. I made a test recording but was disappointed to find on play back, very soon the sound and picture went slightly out of synch; (the sound being fractionally ahead of the picture). This never happened on my "old" Logitech QuickCam Express.

I contacted Logitech support by e-mail, (apparently the only way possible), and their reply seemed only to apply if the software failed to install; (and this advice did not work anyway).

If you have broadband, (it is a 3Mb wmv file), you can see what I mean here:

click here

I feel my PC is well up to handling it, (with an Athlon 3400, good video & sound cards, 48Gb free space, and 1 Mb Ram).

I suspect the software may be at fault, but has anyone any advice on how to correct this problem, as in other respects the camera gives good quality images.

anchor 12:18 25 Feb 06

Of course, I mean 1Gb of RAM. :-(

anchor 17:20 25 Feb 06

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?.

Jackcoms 17:26 25 Feb 06

Try 14 pints of beer.

That will put your speech and movements out of synch with each other and, logically, you should then find that the cameras sound and movement are back in synch. ;-)

anchor 09:01 26 Feb 06

Jackcoms: Thanks for the suggestion, but I would prefer it to work when I am sober.

john-232317 09:26 26 Feb 06

Just had a look at your clip, it started off in synq but lost it as it went on. It also froze Nero viewer on my PC and I had to hit con-alt-del to escape, which also closed my browser. Have you checked for Virus`s ?

johnnyrocker 09:53 26 Feb 06

no freeze for me but it definately loses sync badly, have you tried re install?

johnny.

De Marcus™ 09:53 26 Feb 06

Works fine in wmp10, no freezing (apart from the obvious sync problem)

Have you ran the Audio Tuning Wizard?

Is AEC enabled/disabled? (acoustic echo cancellation)

Have you checked the logitech website for any known issues?

anchor 09:54 26 Feb 06

No virus guaranteed!.

Wmv files play without problem on Windows Media player on my 3 computers with Win-Xp, all with latest updates.

De Marcus™ 09:54 26 Feb 06

Logitech support click here

anchor 09:59 26 Feb 06

johnnyrocker & De Marcus™

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, tried full removal, and reinstall twice.

Audio Tuning Wizard and AEC. Yes;, ran the wizard, and tried with and without AEC.

Yes, have checked the Logitech site, no relevant information there. I contacted their support via the web site, but their reply seemed only to apply where there was a problem in installing the software. I informed them of this, and awaiting a further reply. Their support is somewhere on the continent, not in the UK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5