Lacie External Hard Drive

maz2 23:08 24 Jul 04

I was thinking about buying one of these from E-Buyer I think its about £60 but I notice that it's pre=formatted in Fat 32 and I would prefer NTFS is it possible to reformat and if so any ideas how?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:23 24 Jul 04

My computer > right click on new dive > select Format > file system (second box down) >select NTFS > Start

maz2 23:31 24 Jul 04

Thanks a lot for that I was debating about what to do, any experience of these drives if they are any good etc?

byfordr 19:44 25 Jul 04

Got a 250gb one...its very small (a little bigger than a internal hard drive) First thing I did was format it to NTFS (took a while with all those GBs!) No problems so far nice and easy to use. Must admit I prefer my Maxtor Onetouch...mainly because it has either usb2 or firewire and I find it uses less resources with firewire. They are becoming very cheap now £130 250gb lacie or £155 for 250gb Maxtor click here

terendak_uk 19:52 25 Jul 04

No problems!Got three Amacom ext storage devices and had/having problems with all three! Sent the first one back to Amacom....about 6mnths old....very poor response...can't retrieve data, will replace...cheers!Second will only work off USB2( even tho' b'ward compatability stated)and third...well, just posted. Lacie, so far, very reliable( 1/2 years running every day)

maz2 14:36 26 Jul 04

Thanks for that I'd rather check with people who have used them before I buy, very reasuuring Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…