LACIE Backup advice needed !

Noels 20:03 01 Aug 06

Following advice from this forum I bought an external HD backup drive "a LACIE" which I set up and hopefully have backed-up both drives of my computer BUT when the status bar gets to 100% which I think it should indicate it has backed up ALL the contents of my computer it just keeps running and running. Last night I went to bed, woke up two hours later and found that although the status bar was at 100% there were still files being processed? is this OK or am I missing something?

Any advice would be welcome.

Regards to all

Noels

Noels 20:46 01 Aug 06

Bump

ade.h 20:57 01 Aug 06

You might mention what software you are using.

Noels 21:49 01 Aug 06

If you think it would help?

XP Home! and the LaCie own Plug and Play software.

Perhaps I may now get dozens of answers!

Sorry FE I should'nt have said that, but having used this Forum for about ten years I get frustrated when my last few questions have remained unanswered.

Like if I buy an external HD for backup do I also need Norton Ghost etc etc.

Perhaps we could do with another section in this Forum for unanswerable questions?

Regards

Noels

ade.h 23:42 01 Aug 06

So you must be this forum's very first member then - four years before everyone else.... ;-D

If the LaCie software is what you are using, then I can't comment on its effectiveness. I use EZ Back-it-up from click here, which is about as simple as it gets.

Ghost, or perhaps True Image, would be good if budget permits, given the powerful features on offer. But it gets mixed feedback. Keeping it simple seems to create less room for problems.

wee eddie 23:46 01 Aug 06

Once copied it must be verified

Noels 06:52 02 Aug 06

Many thanks for the advice one and all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac