Labels in Word 97

phil.smith 10:52 15 Sep 03

When I use the Avery labels template in Word 97 and try to put a text box in the label guides, the guides move down the page leaving the text box above them on the page. How do I stop this happening?

-pops- 10:59 15 Sep 03

Use the Avery Wizard instead click here

Taff36 12:04 15 Sep 03

What exactly are you trying to do? The labels option in Word 97 uses templates provided by leading manufacturers to suit their label stationery. Which Avery Label are you intending to use? and for what purpose?

You can for example type a single label at a time into a template and tell the printer to print it individually from a part used sheet or obviously print a sheet of the same name & address.

phil.smith 12:26 15 Sep 03

I am trying to place a photograph within the guides so that I can put an address next to the photo - hence using the text box to place the object

Peter 16:17 15 Sep 03

I think what you need to do is to set the graphic with "No Wrap". If you right click on the graphic and select the "Format Picture" option and then click on the "Wrapping" tab you should be able to select "None" for the wrapping. This will then allow you to place the graphic where ever you like.

For finer control over positioning of the graphic press and hold down the Alt key while dragging the graphic.

Peter.

Taff36 16:45 15 Sep 03

I don`t quite agree with Peter I think you need Text to the right but a little experimentation won`t go amiss. Also look for the option when importing the graphic to "Float Over Text" I think you can do this from the format picture dialog box as well.

-pops- 17:53 15 Sep 03

Is there someting wrong with using the Avery Wizard as I suggested above?

It works in conjunction with Word specifically to print to Avery products.

Bebee 19:08 15 Sep 03

I downloaded Avery wizard and it works fine, but I now use the (free) Avery Design Pro download and find it even more practical and versatile. You can add anything to the labels and link to a database/excel list.

phil.smith 10:38 16 Sep 03

Thanks for the advice - as I work in a school the LEA for some reason has blocked access to Avery Wizard or else I would have used it!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…