Labels with Word 2000

guesswho2 19:04 08 Dec 07

I'm having an AWFUL time trying to persuade Word in Office 2000 to set up a labels document for Avery labels. I go through the procedure but finish up every time with a 7 page layout(when I view it in print preview) when it needs only 3 pages of 3x6 labels. When I try to amend it, it shows part of a label at the bottom of a sheet. It's a mess! Is it possible to use Labels in Word 2000 at all?

VoG II 19:08 08 Dec 07

Try the Avery® Wizard click here

Sea Urchin 19:28 08 Dec 07

If you want 3x6 labels do you have Avery J8161 selected in label options?

guesswho2 19:53 08 Dec 07

VoG. I've downloaded the Avery thing, but nowhere in it can I find a 3x6 layout. When I ask for J8161 it doesn't show that layout. When I simply select 8161 without the letter J it comes up with a 1x4 thing.
What on earth is the matter?

Sea Urchin 20:03 08 Dec 07

In Word > Tools > Envelopes & Labels > select Labels tab > select Options > Select Label Products and select Avery A4 & A5 sizes. In Product Number scroll down to and select J8161 Addresses and click OK

guesswho2 20:22 08 Dec 07

OK Sea Urchin, how do I then get it set up to print different addresses? Is this option not meant to print whole pages of the same address? - which I don't want!

Sea Urchin 20:42 08 Dec 07

When you open Envelopes & Labels (as above) you have the option to select either "Print full page of same label" or Print Single label" which prints up to 24 different labels.

MAJ 20:43 08 Dec 07

Or you could use MailMerge.

guesswho2 20:48 08 Dec 07

To MAJ it's mail merge which is giving me grief!
Sea Urchin, do I have to type in each of the addresses into each box separately?

Kemistri 21:05 08 Dec 07

In essence, what Sea Urchin described creates a table in the document, sized to fit the labels. That means that whatever is entered into each cell is easily deleted and replaced with unique content. This does mean that you have to type or paste the content individually.

Sea Urchin 21:30 08 Dec 07

Apologies - my previous posting should have read 18 labels, not 24.

As Kemistry says the best approach is to use Mail Merge from a data base of addresses, and during the process you are asked to select the labels you wish to use. That's when you use the process I have described above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…