"Labels" from within Word.

CapsLock 19:08 06 Mar 03

Hi,

I often have to print sheets of labels and using Word [Tools/Envelopes & Labels] have had no problems...

...except...

...the labels I use are fourteen per sheet but whilst most of the time this is sufficient I do come across an occasion when I have to print more than fourteen of the same,and,I have labels that I use quite often.

At the moment I have to retype the label to produce a second sheet,and retype those I use even quite often.

How do I get around this? How can I say create templates of these labels?

Thanks.

MAJ 19:26 06 Mar 03

Type your address into a Word document and save it as a .dot file. That's a Template, so the next time you want to print the labels, highlight the address then go to Tools > Letters and Mailings > Envelopes and labels > Labels tab, tick the radio button which says "Full Page of the same label", hit the Print button and away you go.

CapsLock 06:28 07 Mar 03

Thanks Maj!

Excellent.

€dstow 08:08 07 Mar 03

If you are using Avery labels or clones of these, download the Avery Wizard click here and everything will be easy for you.

Avery have become pretty much the standard label for computer use and there are many independent sources that use the Avery layout.

€d

graham 10:21 07 Mar 03

Avery downloaded. Just what I was looking for, thanks. Another example of how the wider audience benefits!

€dstow 10:32 07 Mar 03

You're welcome - glad to help!

€d

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…