Labels Unlimited program

chrysanthman 19:36 24 Sep 03

This is the best labelling program ever but it no longer prints to my HP 930C since moving to ME. It lets me make up the label and then stops dead at the Print command. As it is an old program (1994 Softkey International Inc) help is no longer available from the last owner -Broderbund.
I have uninstalled and re-installed; updated the printer drivers but all to no avail. I have never found another labels program as good. Can anyone help, please?

howard60 20:12 24 Sep 03

have you tried compatability mode. It is somewhere in ME and allows legacy progs to work.

MIke 20:30 24 Sep 03

I used to use this program til upgrading to XP where it just didn't work properly, found a replacement,Avery Designpro, which is very similar at click here the program is of course meant to be used with Avery labels, but I'm sure most of the templates can be used with other similarly sized labels.

MIke 20:34 24 Sep 03

Sorry gave you the link to US site should have been the UK site as I notice that Avery labels are numbered differently in the US! click here I think the software is slightly different on the two sites if my memory serves me correctly!

MIke 21:18 24 Sep 03

Just visited and I see they now have a wizard for download that makes printing labels from Word a fairly simple task, just tried it and it seems OK, no need to draw a text box on the labels as you do with labels unlimited and with Avery design pro

woodchip 21:33 24 Sep 03

If you have WordPerfect you will find Labels under Format. It will also be in Word some whare if you have got it

chrysanthman 20:44 26 Sep 03

Thanks, Mike. Avery's DesignerPro is now up and running. It does everything I need and more except, of course, it is tied to Avery label formats and Labels Unlimited did allow you to customise label formats. But, as it looks so brilliant I think that I can live with that.

danelectro 14:46 29 Feb 04

You're all correct DesignPro is a great program, I use non branded A4 labels with it and they work brill, a good place to buy labels is a company called Interlabel Ltd click here I buy all of mine online from them, you usually get them delivered next day.

Also if you use the American version of DesignPro you can edit and customise label formats

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…