Labels moving out of line when using on HP printer

Mark8882 13:17 23 Sep 04

When printing labels on a HP printer the first line of labels prints correctly and then the labels that print after gradually move up the page making them out of line. All of the settings are correct for the label sizes and it only seems to happen on HP printers. Its is happening on 98 and XP machines as well.

Has anyone come across this problem before and if so is there a fix?

€dstowe 14:33 23 Sep 04

What program are you using to align the labels?

Assuming they are Avery brand labels, it is best to use the Avery software either the Avery Wizard (free) or Avery Design Pro (the Lite version is free).

You can get these programs from the Avery web site.

Also, check the paper feed rollers in the printer. If the printer has been well used, it could be that the rollers have worn smooth. In this case, roughen up the surface of the rollers with the eraser that sits on the top of many pencils.

It's Me 17:18 23 Sep 04

I have followed €dstowe's advise from a previous thread, bought the AveryDesign Pro, and having solved all my little problems (Via their v.g.Helpline), I have to report that it works perfectly, in every way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…