labelling power leads

BREEN 17:10 15 Sep 09

in our house we have six different power leads for mobile phones plus other power leads for mp3 players printers and external dvds etc.

I WONDER IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN MARK THE DIFFERENT LEAD

THANKS

BT 17:29 15 Sep 09

I've got one of these
click here

The labels are printed on a sticky coloured foil tape which I stick to the Power adaptors so that they don't get mixed up. You can also wrap them around a wire to form a sort of tag. You can get all sorts of colours of tape but the yellow one shows up well.

Stuartli 17:45 15 Sep 09

I would imagine that most stationary stores offer different types of labels that would be suitable.

Plenty of companies offer labels on-line such as:

click here

but quantities and delivery probably make it uneconomical.

Avery offers the means to print your own labels free:

click here

I am Spartacus 19:39 15 Sep 09

I do a similar thing to BT but use a DYMO LetraTag click here

Great for identifying the USB cables plugged into the PC and power plugs. The plastic rather than paper labels are very robust.

Stuartli 23:29 15 Sep 09

I must also mention that the other half uses sticky back pre-printed paper labels that can be attached to mains plugs for various kitchen appliances - however, this might not be practical for mains adapters.

As most mains adapter plugs are black, rules out indelible ink markers unless you can find a white version.....

Stuartli 23:29 15 Sep 09

I must also mention that the other half uses sticky back pre-printed paper labels that can be attached to mains plugs for various kitchen appliances - however, this might not be practical for mains adapters.

As most mains adapter plugs are black, rules out indelible ink markers unless you can find a white version.....

BT 07:51 16 Sep 09

You can get white markers, they sell them here. click here
but I'm sure you can probably get then singly in stationery shops.

dangerusone 13:51 16 Sep 09

I use a Brother P-Touch 1000,easy to use and the tape cassetes are pretty cheap on eBay.

I bought it from Aldi when it was on special promotion.

wee eddie 14:15 16 Sep 09

Good for many things ~ Drawers, Jars, Plugs.

less than a £10er in our local Stationer, with 2, different coloured, Tapes to start you off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…