LABEL PRINTING WON'T LINE UP

Radiofan 17:27 15 Jan 06

I have just had my computer re-formatted and there have been no major problems until I came to print some labels using Word's Mail Merge programme. I had to set up new label documents and everything was fine until I printed a sample sheet. The text does not line up with the label I chose (which is the correct one). I am at a loss to understand how this can happen and, more importanly, how to cure the problem. Previously everything was fine.

recap 17:30 15 Jan 06

Make sure you are using the correct type of label for your printer. There is one type for Inkjet and one for Laser printers. Laser labels will not work with inkjet printers and visa versa.

Radiofan 17:33 15 Jan 06

Yes, they are the correct type, the same that I have always used.

woodchip 17:34 15 Jan 06

Check Margins Justification etc in Wordprocessors if that's what you are using

pj123 17:35 15 Jan 06

I use Avery Labels to print my labels, but I have also used MS Word and don't get any problems providing I pick the right format.

What label format are you trying to print and is there an Avery label format for it?

Radiofan 17:35 15 Jan 06

I have checked the margins on the label document and they are correct.

Radiofan 17:37 15 Jan 06

Everything is exactly the same as it was before. I am using Avery 9163 (actually, a cheaper equivalent) but there is something wrong somewhere.

pj123 17:56 15 Jan 06

I think you are going to have to be a bit more specific.

I have the latest version of Avery Labels with all their setups. I don't have a label 9163?

Does it have a Letter in front. I have a J8163 which is 14 labels on one A4 sheet. ie. 7 down and 2 across?

Diemmess 18:08 15 Jan 06

Has it anything to do with the Word default (American) to letter size rather than A4?

Radiofan 18:10 15 Jan 06

Sorry folks - yes it is J8163. It may be due to the American default. How can I find and correct this?

pj123 18:32 15 Jan 06

You need to go in to Word, Tools, Envelopes and Labels, Labels. Select Options, under Label Products drop the menu down and select Avery A4 and A5 sizes. Under Product Number. select J8163 OK it and go from there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced