Label Printing.

Raywood 11:34 16 Jan 04

I am trying to print multiple labels in Microsoft Access. The microsoft article Q231801 provides half the answer. I am trying to change the code so that the number of label copies is read from a table record. So one record will be printed 5 times (for example) and the next record is printed 8 times. I am making ajustments to the line reading:

"LabelCopies& = Val(InputBox$("Enter Number of Copies to Print"))" Instead of the Inputbox$ I have put the table reference. It doesn't like this. Where am I going wrong?

stlucia 11:47 16 Jan 04

If you're putting "LabelCopies& = Val(a6)" or something like that, I believe the data in cell a6 must be a valid string expression. So, if the data in cell a6 is already a number, I don't think you need to use the Val() function.

Raywood 14:02 16 Jan 04

I am using the following modification: "LabelCopies& = Val([OrderDetails]![Qty])" It always points out "[OrderDetails]![Qty]" as causing the problem.

stlucia 14:27 16 Jan 04

If the cell referenced [Qty] is already formatted as a number, I think you don't need the Val outside the brackets.

Raywood 10:01 17 Jan 04

I have tried taking out the Val() part still gives me the message:

Compile Error: External name not defined. Clicking help here any gives me a blank window entitled Microsoft Visual Basic Help.

Raywood 13:43 17 Jan 04

(((((Ding))))))))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…