KVM Switches

Highland Park 10:51 13 Nov 03

Hi !!!
Anyone give OAP + any advice on what type of KVM Switch to buy in order to work 2 Computers from 1 workstation, because of space, and also on how to change my Int. Conn. over to new computer. Present situation is:-
1 NEC x98 SE running everything including Int. Connection, HP 950c Printer and HP 5300 Scanner.
Awaiting delivery of another NEC x XP Pro. plus the usual delivery additions, and would like to have my Int. Connection on the new comp,
Highland Park.

Tog 12:25 13 Nov 03

How are your mouse keyboard connected now, e.g. PS/2 or USB?

Sgt. Pepper 13:18 13 Nov 03

I would recommend the Linksys KVM 2 port switch,This will allow you to share 2 PCs with the one monitor with no problems.

Highland Park 21:44 13 Nov 03

Sorry Tog
PS/2
Highland Park

Goolie 22:53 13 Nov 03

I bought this one, works great.

click here

Tog 07:04 14 Nov 03

I use one from Belkin, controllable from a switch on the unit or hot keys on the keyboard.

click here

Highland Park 12:56 14 Nov 03

Thanks to Tog, Sgt Pepper and Goolie will nominate all three for the "Help The Aged Award".
Just have to work out the transfer of the Int. Conn. now.
Highland Park

Highland Park 12:58 14 Nov 03

Thanks to Tog, Sgt Pepper and Goolie will nominate all three for the "Help The Aged Award".
Just have to work out the transfer of the Int. Conn. now.
Highland Park

Newuser38 18:41 14 Nov 03

From another OAP

You dont have to transfer the Internet Connection from the old PC to the new, unless you really want. Set up the new one to access as well using all the same settings as you have on the old one. You will need to connect it to the same phone line you aready use.This means that if one machine is running a program you can use the other for browsing. I currently have 4 machines which can access if need be, all work through a 4 way KMV from Maplins
I use a multiple BT adapter for phone connections. You can then access the net on whichever machine you want.

Highland Park 22:35 14 Nov 03

Newuser 38
Many thanks for the info. never thought of it that way.
Highland Park

mythras 22:39 14 Nov 03

Glad you seem to be sorted.

Quess you prefer HP to the Macallan?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…