KVM switch causing screen resolution problem

Manster 18:11 18 Nov 06

Hi Guys,
I'm hoping that somebody will be able to help me!
I have happily been using my XP PC with a Dell 19" CRT monitor at a resolution of 1280 x 1024 for some time now. However, this weekend I got a mac mini plus a 'Belkin Switch2 for mac mini' and set it all up.
The switch is working fine - BUT - my resolution on the PC seems to have gone haywire. Without changing the resolution, I now cannot see the whole screen. I tried using the monitor settings to see if the display had resized or moved but that didn't work. I now have to move the cursor to the edge of the screen to 'move' the display up/down or sideways to view the whole screen.
I can set the resolution to anything less than 1024 x 768 - but I'd rather not! The mac mini is set to a resolution of 1280 x 1024 and there is no problem.
On another forum I read a posting where a guy had a similar problem. But he set his mac to 1280 x 1024 and this solved the problem.
Does anyone have any help or advice they can give me - it's driving me mad!
Cheers

Manster 09:26 25 Nov 06

Please - does anyone have any ideas on this - it's driving me mad!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…