KVM Switch

britainicus 13:59 01 Jun 04

I want to run 2 pc's from one monitor/keyboard/mouse. Can anyone reccommend where I can buy a KVM switch at a reasonable price. Most of them seem to want to accept PS2 for mouse adn keyboard but I can't see the point in having a USB mouse and keyboard and then having to use a PC2 converter. To the long and I short I want a KVM converter which supports USB preferably.

Rayuk 14:11 01 Jun 04

Is this the type of thing you are looking for
click here
Dont forget to check cable costs as well.

You can buy a Belkin 2port for £30 with the cables.
click here

Rayuk 14:12 01 Jun 04

Forgot to add the 2nd link is for PS2, just for costing and its only £25odd

Lionheart ? 15:06 01 Jun 04

click here four item down list

Lionheart ? 15:08 01 Jun 04

That should read fifth item.

Chegs ® 15:39 01 Jun 04

I have just recently purchased a KVM switch,it was only £20(manual,not auto)but adding the cost of cables etc pushed the total to nearly £80 and that was just for 2 PC's worth of cabling.I could have gotten the cabling a lot cheaper by buying from outside the area,or a puter fair.I am a bit peeved as the linux PC,everytime I switch to windows box then back,kills the mouse in linux.

Bowsprit 15:48 01 Jun 04

These are very cheap and come with all the cables.The 4 port only a few pounds more and i am pleased with it.click here

GORAL 18:57 01 Jun 04

britainicus

Realise your preference was not for PS2 - however have a KVM switch from Belkin - never used.

Give away price - make me an offer.

britainicus 22:27 01 Jun 04

Thanks for the help one and all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…