KV7 KT600 MotherBoard First boot warning sound

Llee 22:17 12 Jun 04

I have just updated the above motherboard and cpu (amd Athlon XP 2800), after replace all hardware to new board and booting I get a warning sound,and the manual make no reference to the bloody sound at all.
any help would be appreciated.
G

Night Ryder 22:40 12 Jun 04

Best thing you can do is to reset the bios with the resetting link on the motherboard then put the link back where it was. Make sure the power cord is removed while you do this. First check that the heat sink is correctly seated on the processor as this will halt the system very rapidly and may damage the processor. Now, remove all plug in boards except for the graphics card and try again. If there is a problem with the graphics card you will hear a rapid sucession of beeps. If all is well, you will have to put all your cards in one at a time until you discover which one is causing the problem. Another thing I should mention is that you may notice that the processor is running at a lower speed than it should be. Don't wory about this at this stage as a succession of reboots may correct this if not you can deal with this later by setting the processor speed in BIOS. (Let's consentrate on getting the system to work first). I've had similar problems in the past when building PC's and sometimes there is no clear answer. I'v sometimes found that just moving the cards to different slots solves the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…