ksuser.dll

ellenripley 15:37 16 Oct 10

Hi

After my laptop crashed Inspiron 1501 I cannot get any sound from my laptop and cannot install a printer or watch dvds. I have downloaded all the drivers from Dell download but still no joy. At the moment a message comes up saying found new hardware but when I try to install it, it just says I need ksuser.dll pack 3. I do not have any disks so what do I do now?

northumbria61 16:07 16 Oct 10

You can obtain the missing ksuser.dll from here click here which will be in the form of a ZIP file. Once unzipped copy Ksuser.dll to C:\WINDOWS\system32 and try your applications again

ellenripley 17:40 16 Oct 10

Thank you for this. I've done as you've said and the exclamation mark next to audio in the device manager has now gone. Whilst downloading, it did say cannot load Streamci so not sure what that means. Also I'm not sure which driver I need for the video controller which still has an exclamation mark against it. Thank you.

northumbria61 23:11 16 Oct 10

"cannot load Streamci" relates to a Windows XP "rundll error" - click here Most DLL errors can be fixed by doing a Registry Scan. If you have ccleaner installed on your computer try running the rgistry tool and scanning for issues.

For your Video controller - have you tried to right click and select "Update DRiver Software" ?

ellenripley 17:53 18 Oct 10

Sorry for delay ... I've tried doing a registry scan and also I've tried the update driver. It's now saying it needs streamci. I've downloaded this but still nothing. I've just done a virus scan etc and the following comes up signed broken digital signature for DDUP128 and R13584. I'm very much in unknown territory at the moment.

northumbria61 19:14 18 Oct 10

Hi - I haven't come across "streamci" before so I am as much in the dark as you are. However I have found some more info. on it click here which includes some instructions/suggestions on how to fix.

You say your laptop "crashed" - how did you get it up and running again ?

MAT ALAN 19:22 18 Oct 10

click here

might help...

ellenripley 09:10 19 Oct 10

Hi I reinstalled the operating system cd and managed to get it going again. I also had the drivers cd but not all of them worked when I transferred them. I downloaded the rest from the Dell download page but still couldn't get back on to the net. I had to concede defeat and get a computer chap in to get me back on the internet. This was my top priority as it was assisting me with my study work but I couldn't afford to let him look at the computer in depth I'm afraid. He thought I'd probably had a virus of some sort.

northumbria61 11:58 19 Oct 10

Hi ellenripley - Good to hear you are up and running again. If things had remained as they were without a solution I was about to suggest a reinstall. Sometimes it is quicker to do that.

ellenripley 09:39 20 Oct 10

I've already tried that with no joy. It's a bit frustrating not being able to print or have no sound but I will persevere!

northumbria61 19:28 20 Oct 10

What is the problem with installing your printer ?
Do you need driver/software for it ?
Give make and model of printer to enable myself or someone to assist you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…