kstvtune .ax files unable to open for webcam.

donuthead 13:59 20 Dec 08

Help,bought microsoft lifecam to speak and see sons in USA over xmas,all seemed to go well with disc installation until plug in camera,diagonal box appeared saying'files needed,The file'kstvtune.ax on windows xp home edition sp2 is needed with a browse box,which I pressed,says files not found.I assumed it was the webcam not compatible with laptop,so exchanged for another brand same thing happened.I then did a search on computer found file but it will not open just keeps saying cant find file,cant open.Do you think if I upgraded to Vista it would work,have tried uninstalling,reinstalling,downloading drivers from Microsoft etc all to no avail.Any ideas would be welcome,my computer is Acer extensa 6602WLMi system xp home edition sp2 version 2002,thanks any help would be appreciated

recap 14:41 20 Dec 08

Look into C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386\sp2.cab if you have XP SP2 installed, they are all in the cab file waiting for you to re-install them. This file is a Zip file so you will need Winzip or equivalent to open it.

click here for a free download of WinRAR, Winzips equivalent.

Widow's Son 14:41 20 Dec 08

The only successful results seem to be if you place kstvtune.ax (which is probably one of the files you've downloaded - if not google it) to the windows/system folder then reinstall the camera again.

Technotiger 14:44 20 Dec 08

I doubt very much whether it would make any difference using Vista.

I would advise you to completely un-install the camera software, using click here when the un-install process asks you if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start, let Revo continue. When you get the option to Select All and to Delete All, DO SO. Then after clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

Then Install the camera software again.

donuthead 19:47 20 Dec 08

downloaded winzip,still wont open,what next?

Technotiger 20:03 20 Dec 08

If you can plough through this lot, you might find the answer ... good luck!

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant