Kodak software lockup

greenkeen 16:27 23 May 05

I have just loaded up Kodak Easyshare software for a camera I have. I am running Win 98 on a clean full reinstall 2 weeks old. It is dual boot with win xp. As soon as the software was loaded and a reboot finished the computer is unuseable. The mouse pointer will move but you cannot click anything. It is impossible to uninstall kodak software and the computer will not boot into safe mode even when it is selected at the bootup options. It just loads normally.
Any ideas will be much appreciated.
Greenkeen

Technotiger 16:43 23 May 05

Hi, it would seem to me that your first priority then is to try to get rid of the Kodak program. Assuming that your pc runs normally otherwise. If you cannot remove the program in the normal way - Control Panel etc, then I would do a Search (Start>Search) looking for Files/Folders including Hidden Files/Folders - using Advanced Search - for Kodak then highlight and Delete from within the Search window.

Good luck.

Technotiger 16:47 23 May 05

Sorry, I have just re-read your Post, you can't click anything etc. My suggestion not much good then I'm afraid.

Only other thing I can think of in the circumstances is for you to try to fix/repair/reinstall using your OS CD's.

Hamish 17:03 23 May 05

Maybe a silly suggestion but could it be a mouse fault and have you tried using the keyboard.

jack 17:21 23 May 05

Getting rid of offending software ,if indeed it is the cause.
Startin safe mode- do the delete thing from there.
Does Kodak have itsd own delete routine?
Dual booting Eh- go for it in XP then
I have no experience of dual booting, but could it be you have a 98/ntfs conflict here?

What ever it is once you have got rid.
Dont put it back.

The perceived wisdom with digi cam software is to leave it in the box let the computer discover the camera as an extra removable drive or use a card reader then manipulate the images through a regular
image editor

greenkeen 22:44 23 May 05

Thanks to all for their suggestions. Kodak is now history and everything back working normally. After at least a dozen attempts to get into safe mode (and having to hit the power button)I decided to have a coffee. When I came back for another go lo and behold it had put itself in safe mode all on its little lonesome. I could then use add remove to get rid of it. Kodak will never darken my doorstep again!!!! or even my hard drive.
Thanks again to all
Greenkeen

Technotiger 22:46 23 May 05

Great - thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…