Kodak Easyshare Software Update Available

Halmer 20:56 03 Sep 04

I think that it's version 4.0

Djohn 21:17 03 Sep 04

Thanks Halmer. j.

VoG II 21:22 03 Sep 04

Thanks but have you installed it without problems?

As the lousiest photographer in the world I would hate to loose my amateur pics after so much effort...

Halmer 21:34 03 Sep 04

I've downloaded it twice and the installation has failed both times right at the end.

There is some support stuff on the site but I've had enough at the moment and will take a look tomorrow.

Old photo's are safe and backed up on CDs!

VoG II 21:56 03 Sep 04

Would't install. Said I had a newer version of MSN Messenger.

Go figure.

Halmer 22:06 03 Sep 04

which clarified it for me obviously.

I've sent this to Kodak with my contact details to see if they will help me.

Djohn 22:17 03 Sep 04

Chucked out an error code on me as well so I removed Easyshare software as it occasionally gave me problems in the past. I've been running without the software for some time now and find it better all round. [Thought the update would cure things].

I have the Kodak easyshare dock system and all I did was plug it in and XP installed it's own drivers for the dock/camera. When I click on My Computer, instead of showing up as an extra drive it shows as Kodak camera. When I press the power button on the camera a dialogue box appears on screen giving me a choice of photo editing applications to upload to. Seems to be better all round. j.

Halmer 22:45 03 Sep 04

Version 3.xx whatever it is never seems to run particularly well on my XP PC. That's why I thought that it would be opportune to upgarde it alas. Quite often it stops responding and even when it's running it seems very ponderous at times.

With my old Samsung Digital Camera I had MG Photosoft software which seemed limited compared with the Kodak software but it never gave me any problems.

gudgulf 23:15 03 Sep 04

All this sounds depressingly familiar.I have just put version 4 on my pc but have yet to try it.Personally I do not like the program but my wife thinks its wonderful--so it stays :o(.

Halmer 23:00 10 Sep 04

if you uninstall the previous one first.

VoG II 23:14 10 Sep 04

Nope! Mine thinks it is MSN Messenger. What?!?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…