Kodak Easyshare Software

karen-241100 09:29 17 Jul 03

I recently bought a kodak digital camera. Since installing the software that comes with it, I have found that when I switch my computer on if the kodak Icon does not appear in the taskbar my computer crashes and I have to switch off and try again. This doesn't happen everytime I switch on.
Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

jakedawe 09:33 17 Jul 03

Sounds like you have the Kodak software in your Start Up folder. Do you really need it there?

Try deleting it from Start Up and just switch it on when you require it. See if this makes any difference.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:03 17 Jul 03

I used to use the software but it is a real pig so I bought a card reader from PCW (£12.99) which plugs into a USB port. It is much better than the software which comes with many attendant useless programmes.

G

Djohn 11:04 17 Jul 03

Click on the Icon in the taskbar and choose to close it down, you do not need it for the software to work. Your camera will still open the software when it's placed in the dock, and you press the transfer button on the dock itself.

If you are using the new 6000 dock some of the CD's sent out have a corrupt file, so if the above does not help, then un-install the software and download new from the Kodak site. Regards. j

zanwalk 11:38 17 Jul 03

I would echo GANDALF <|:-)> comments, you don't really need the software as when you use a card reader it shows up as a seperate drive in Explorer and you can transfer the photos to your PC. Much simpler and not prone to crashes....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…