Kodak DX3700 and Passport Photographs

spuds 10:56 19 Feb 03

I was one of the lucky people who purchased a Kodak DX3700 special internet digital camera. I wish to print good quality passport type photographs in block form. Using the Kodak supplied software appears to rule out this option.Can anyone recommend a suitable [not to expensive] software programme or download.I have tried to tweak the Kodak supplied package, without any success.Help would be very much appreciated, as this project is important.

pj123 12:31 19 Feb 03

Try Paint Shop Pro and select "print multiple images" from the file menu. You can then lay them out exactly as you want.

€dstow 12:50 19 Feb 03

Remember the 1440 dpi minimum for digital passport photographs.

hssutton 14:50 19 Feb 03

Is 1440 dpi the only criteria for digital passport photo's, I seem to remember reading somewhere that digital photo's where not acceptable. I always use digital for visa's though.

€dstow 14:55 19 Feb 03

I've just renewed my passport so it's stuck in my mind as I did my own picture.

What it says is:

-taken against a white background;

-not framed or mounted;

-45 mm x 35 mm;

-full face;

clear - not underdeveloped (too light) or overdeveloped (too dark);

-on normal photographic paper;

-if using digital photographs, make sure ther are of at least 1440 dpi resolution.

anchor 15:40 19 Feb 03

Printed digital photographs are not acceptable for the new "photo" driving licences.

From the comments above from €dstow it seems that they are for passports.

BrianW 17:36 19 Feb 03

I can confirm Edstow's experience using digital photos for Passport use. They issued my wife's Passport in 2001, using digital photos I printed on standard HP photo paper.

€dstow 18:09 19 Feb 03

All details are on the "How to fill in your Passport application form" booklet which comes in the envelope with said form.

spuds 18:59 19 Feb 03

Thanks pj123.Edstow plus other members, never thought about rules and regulations, well worth knowing at this stage.Thanks for info.

spuds 22:55 19 Feb 03

Anyone with a download site, worth looking at !!

Andsome 08:53 20 Feb 03

How does anyone know whether or not a photo is a digital one? Pardon my ignorance, but my photo's from my Epson Photo 830 look perfect to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…