kodak DX3700 £100 club

fly2hi 00:23 01 May 03

Just did a search and found the threads from last year which refers to a firmware upgrade for the kodak. Must have been posted during my 'gap year' from the forum. I've been having problems with the batteries. i.e. difficult to switch on, have to remove batteries and have found that running my tongue across the contacts (assuming better connection) seems to help (hope it doesn't give me a terminal illness). Can then take a couple of snaps before it shuts down by itself. repeat procedure etc. So it doesn't appear that the batteries are dead flat, but maybe not enough charge to keep it's pecker up. It's always on the docking station so should be getting charged. Does this sound like the symptoms that the firmware upgrade will fix? Has anyone else had similar problems?

spuds 01:00 01 May 03

I am at present in 'heated' discussions with Kodak/Link Network, regarding the same camera.There as been a revised Firmware and software programme issued to this camera, since the Internet fiasco. I complained about battery weakness, downloading from the docking station, and general dissatisfaction of the cameras functioning. Kodak have supplied me with three sets of refurbished batteries. They have had the camera at their Belgium repair centre, but problems are still evident. The camera had the latest Firmware installed by Kodak, then I found that the software would not function correctly.I have recently spent about 50 minutes with their technical department, doing various checks and tests.After that,via Kodak technical I have spent 3x1 hour downloading new software on dial-up, which have all resulted in error problems. Still trying to obtain total satisfaction from Kodak/Link Network.

fly2hi 08:14 01 May 03

Spuds..
This doesn't sound encouraging.
I downloaded DX3700FW.EXE which is only 280kb.
What did you downloaded that took 3 hours?
I haven't had any problems with the docking station or picture transfer.
I downloaded CCS14.EXE on 16.02.02 and EASYSHARE V2.01 on 24.01.03.
i have wondered whether its the batteries that are at fault or the battery connection, thinking in terms of hardware rather than software.
I think if I had gone through what you have gone through I may have binned it by now.

Muzziad 10:22 01 May 03

although i did stop using the kodak supplied batteries basically because they were useless.
i purchased high quality rechargeables and never looked back.

the camera and kit is the best £100 i think i've ever spent on a gadget, definitely encourages me to buy kodak in the future.

Muzziad 10:22 01 May 03

although i did stop using the kodak supplied batteries basically because they were useless.
i purchased high quality rechargeables and have never looked back.

the camera and kit is the best £100 i think i've ever spent on a gadget, definitely encourages me to buy kodak in the future.

anchor 20:52 01 May 03

Get some decent 2000mAh rechargeable batteries. 7dayshop are selling 4 x Panasonic 2000mAh AA batteries for £5.95.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…