Kodak DC3200 and Compact Flash

Paroxetine 16:27 20 May 03

Hi all

I have the above camera and was wondering about getting some CF for it. The web site says it is such and such and looking around it doesnt tell me if its type 1 or 2. I would have liked to get the cheaper media simply because Kodak want around £20 for 32mb card where I have seen it for a lot less then that.

Any ideas on what CF is compatible with this camera?

Many thanks

P

pj123 16:35 20 May 03

You can get 64mb Compact Flash for £24 or 128mb compact flash for £32 from here click here
any compact flash card should be compatible depending on the maximum amount your camera will recognise. Your manual should tell you the highest that your camera will accept. But from my experience most Kodak cameras will take up to 64mb.

Paroxetine 16:39 20 May 03

thanks pj, only reason i ask is that I don't want to get the wrong type, as the media is thicker from type 1 to type 2. and of course governs the type of reader that I get in order to transfer the pictures to the PC.

any one else?

zanwalk 18:05 20 May 03

Try click here

They guarantee compatability.

hssutton 18:14 20 May 03

I have just had a look at the Kodak site. this shows the Kodak DC3200 to be a discontinued model.
Looking at the specs. for this camera it does not say that it will take C/flash 2. However any camera that will take C/flash 2 will take C/flash 1. so I don't see that you have a problem. C/flash 1 is the cheaper variety so go for that.

anchor 19:27 20 May 03

Further the the reply from hssutton, I found this explanation:

"There are two variations of compact flash to be aware of: type I, which is most commonly used with digital cameras, and type II. The only difference between the two types is the thickness of the cards - where type I is 3.3 mm thick, type II is 5 mm thick and is generally for higher capacities, from 128 MB upwards (including the IBM 1 GB miniature hard disk known as the microdrive). It is important to note that, although a type I card is compatible with equipment using type II technology, a type II card will not fit into a type I slot."

A 32Mb compact flash card from 7dayshop will cost you £9.45, (+£0.95 p/p) click here

I use them often; good service.

Paroxetine 20:02 20 May 03

thanks all, i think that clarifys my way of thinking, am sure its a type 1, measureing it and looking at the slot. will prob order something from dabs or likewise later on.

thanks to all who posted, and if i get it wrong, i will post back to make sure you all know! lol

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced