Kodak All in One Printer 5300

antsypantsy 12:41 PM 09 May 13

I have a Kodak printer as above which will not print/copy text in black. I have changed the print cartridges three time without success. Printing in colour in ok and if I change the colour of the text that prints ok too. The machine has been calibrated as per instructions, the print head has been cleaned using the on-board options but no joy. Surely all three replacement cartridges can't be duff!! Is it time to relegate the printer to printer heaven?

spuds 13:13 PM 09 May 13

Considering that Kodak are no longer making printers (and that includes some rebadged Dell printers) , then it might be time to work out alternative options, because when a problem occurs it can be an issue of no longer being cost effective.

You appear to have attempted the usual suggestions without success. What cartridges are you using, are they Kodak originals or compatibles that you have never tested before. Perhaps http://www.fixyourownprinter.com might help?.

Woolwell 13:21 PM 09 May 13

spuds - Are you sure that they are no longer making printers? They are still on sale. They don't make cameras now.

Woolwell 13:23 PM 09 May 13

Does the diagnostic sheet print in black? Menu - Print Diagnostics.

john bunyan 13:23 PM 09 May 13

A similar thread re Kodak.

Other Kodak thread

Woolwell 13:25 PM 09 May 13

The Kodak support site suggests a deep clean and if that does not work a replacement print head.

Woolwell 13:27 PM 09 May 13
  Woolwell 13:31 PM 09 May 13

spuds - Disregard my comment about not making printers. I have discovered that have indeed stopped making them but continuing to sell existing stock. They state that they will continue to provide ink, etc.

spuds 13:37 PM 09 May 13

Woolwell - I understand that they are still available to the end of 2013, when present manufactured stocks are completed. Ink and possible support might continue for longer. I was being offered 're-badged' Kodak printers recently, with very large discounts for bulk purchases.

PC Advisor's own 28 Sep 2012 article http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/printing/3401145/kodak-stop-making-selling-printers/

spuds 13:39 PM 09 May 13

Woolwell - the wonders of the internet - cross postings ;o)

antsypantsy 15:59 PM 09 May 13

I am using Kodak cartridges - the only thing I did see on the Kodak web site is the necessity to keep the printer switched on even when not in use? Perhaps it is time for printer heaven after all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know