Kodak 5250 Constant Paper jam

amanda70 15:17 PM 12 Oct 11

Hi, I have a kodak 5250 and I can not print. I have followed the troubleshooting options on the Kodak web site. But It does not matter if I load 1 sheet of paper or 10 it still screws up the paper and jams. And I have to take the back off and remove paper. I must have wasted about 50 sheets this afternoon.

Any ideas I would appreciate , we have had the printer for about 16 months, it is always temperamental, but never this bad!

spuds 15:32 PM 12 Oct 11

Have you had a look inside the printer to see if any previous small pieces of jammed/torn paper are still in there. Or perhaps roller or component damage, which may have been due to jamming or paper removal?.

Personally, when a printer starts giving problems, then I start thinking about replacement, more than repair or further involvement. Printers are very cheap nowadays (its the original cartridges that are expensive), compared to what they use to be. If you have a stock of cartridges, then perhaps check for a similar cartridge type printer!.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone