Kobo e-reader won`t transfer public library books

I have purchased (at great expense) a KOBO GLO e-reader for the express purpose of downloading e-books from our public library which will be free in a few days time. Although buying books from the Kobo site is no problem I can download public library books to my computer but try as I might no success with transferring the titles to the e-reader.I have downloaded and installed Adobe Digital Editions. I would be most grateful if anyone could tell me either what I am doing wrong or not doing at all.

BT 17:36 28 Mar 13

Same applies to Kindle. Public Library books aren't available to download onto Kindle. My wife uses Adobe Digital Editions on her Laptop for library books.

Almost certainly a rights issue with both Kobo and Kindle titles.

difarn 07:39 29 Mar 13

You should be able to do this, according to articles I have read. Are you following these instructions?

davidr4983 02:45 31 May 13

Download the free program calibre. It works great. After you have downloaded a library book to Adobe Digital Editions, you can use Calibre to download directly to your Kobo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009