Know of any good quality small PC speakers?

as400man 11:37 07 Feb 03

Due to limited space I would like to buy a pair of good quality small speakers for my PC. I bought a pair of cheapies (£15) but I do not mind paying more for better quality but they must be small.
I have trawled the on-line shops but I would prefer a personal recommendation if possible. Thanks.

« Ravin » 12:00 07 Feb 03

try looking for Harmon Kardon speakers since they are very slim or maybe bose?

at present i'm using the creative 2.1 speakers, reasonably priced when i got them and quite small. very good sound

« Ravin » 12:07 07 Feb 03

see anything you like? click here

:-D

« Ravin » 12:13 07 Feb 03

sorry check this one click here

Carene 12:25 07 Feb 03

Depends what you are defining by small, and also whether you want ones that sit-on the disk or attach to the side of your monitor??

There is also the option of whether you want them to be able to operate with other appliances too (such as personal cd players).

So many questions.

Personally, I have some that are 8" high, sit on the desk, and also work in personal Cd's and stuff).

They were from PC World and about £12.00 i think!

jazzypop 12:28 07 Feb 03

Any of the Cambridge Soundworks models, sold as part of the Creative range, will be small and sound good.

Belatucadrus 13:25 07 Feb 03

click here= for one way around the space problem. I'm using a pair of aiwa SC-C48 picked up from Morgan V-nice, but I don't think they have any in stock at the moment.

pj123 16:03 07 Feb 03

How does a fiver strike you? have a look at this site click here and if they don't have what you are looking for on the site give them a ring.

as400man 18:47 07 Feb 03

Thanks to you all for responding. This is one of the most useful sites I have ever visited. One day the whole net will work this way. Have a good week-end.

Stuartli 19:38 07 Feb 03

Harmon Karmon speakers, as suggested, are excellent and produced by a world famous hi-fi manufacturer.

They are sold at, among other outlets, at Scan in Bolton:

click here

Until quite recently they were only available as part of a complete computer system but are now sold separately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…