KIS 9 keeps telling me to remove Mccafee Virusscan

julius44 16:14 15 Jul 08

Hi there, I currently have the fabulous Kaspersky Internet Security 7(KIS 7.0) installed on my PC, and i wanted to upgrade to the free 9.0 version, as I'm a Barclays customer everything seemd to be fine but it keeps telling me that I have Mcafee Viruscan intalled on my PC and i need to remove it, but i dont have this anymore. I've gone to add/remove programs to see if its there, and also i have the great Revo uninstaller, but i CANNOT find ANY trace of Mcafee virus scan at all, so i cant seem to install KIS 9.0 ON my desktop, does anyone have any solutions to this? I have gone to program files and theres NOTHING there. I've gone to the search mode and clicked on Advance to search for hidden files and folders as well. The funny thing is I already have KIS 7.0 on my pc and i had no problems installing this, but i havent a clue WHERE this Mccafee virusscan is on my desktop !!!
pls help!!

jimv7 16:21 15 Jul 08

Try ccleaner to get the registry and temp files cleaned out click here

Clapton is God 16:23 15 Jul 08

Did you use the McAfee uninstall tool, available at their website to remove it?

If not, it might still be worth running it now.

julius44 17:06 15 Jul 08

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated, it seems to be sorted now, Clapton is God, u are a real Ster, i went to the mccafee uninstaller link as u mentioned, and it seemed to do the trick. much appreciated!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now