Kingston Traveller II USB drive

Howard's Way 15:52 18 May 05

I have a Kingston Traveller II USB 512MB Drive and made it sucure with a password.

I then by mistake deleted the icon to bring up the password function. I am unable to get this back.

Then I thought to re-format the drive as I do not anything worthwhile on the drive. But under format I only have the 48MB not the secure part.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

Brian-336451 16:09 18 May 05

Have you considered talking to Kingston - if you have the receipt and can prove it is YOUR data, they may be able to help.

Whilst not publicised I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to release the rest.

Can you get them to give you the software again, there again many of these drives come with a tiny CD on which is the software and drivers for Win98.

If you've only deleted the icon, the program should still be installed on your computer. Have you tried to go to the installation directory and look for the exe program?

VideoSentry 16:11 18 May 05

Have you tried opening it using explorer to see if the Password thingy pops up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…