Kingston Data Traveler 2.0

Spock1958 17:07 09 Aug 07

I have a number of identical looking Data Traveler 1GB drives. One works perfectly on my Vista PC - it is labelled
DTI/1GB CN 060906 05360-302.AOOLF

I have a number of others labelled
DTI/1GB CN 030707 05360-311.AO1LF
These re not recognised on my PC, but will work on another PC with Windows XP installed.

I have tried contacting Kingston, but they cannot give me an suitable answer.

Any suggestions?

Clapton is God 17:15 09 Aug 07

I've also got a few Kingston Data Travellers.

In the past when I've first used a new Data Traveller on an XP PC, the found new hardware wizard pops up and does whatever if does!

Does Vista not have a similar wizard which somehow also needs to run?

Spock1958 18:23 09 Aug 07

Vista does have a Wizard, but it fails to find the driver. The irony is that an older model, identical other than a code on the case, works perfectly.

Spock1958 19:37 09 Aug 07

This doesn't work. I didn't expect it to as I have already copied files to it from an XP machine.

The suggestion to find the file on the original Vista disk didn't work either.

Spock1958 21:30 09 Aug 07

The files were unimportant so I formatted and overwrote them.

I have 3 USB ports, and the drives do not work in any of them.

PP321 22:01 09 Aug 07

Try this

Plug it into the troublesome computer, wait 20 seconds or so, then right click on my computer , then click manage, then click disk management , right mouse click on it if its there, choose "change drive letter and paths" then select a letter from "N" onwards then click change, then ok.

If the autorun doesnt appear, unplug and replug the device.

Spock1958 11:47 10 Aug 07

It doesn't appear in the list so cannot do this.

PP321 18:43 10 Aug 07

wow thats super spooky.

Sorry cant help you anymore then.

Shiraj 17:38 27 Aug 07

HI,
I had this issue too - but fixed it !

Try doing the folowing

1.Please wait longer (<20 sec) to see if the driver installation is slow on their system;

2. During device driver search, point to a location Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and enable "Include subfolders" in the Browse window.

If this fails, point to one of the subfolders within FileRepository:
FileRepository\usbstor.inf_...
FileRepository\disk.inf_...
FileRepository\volume.inf_...
FileRepository\wpdfs.inf_...

3. If FileRepository location(s) doesn't work, point to location Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers and enable "Include subfolders" in the Browse window.

4. Check Device Manager for incorrectly installed drivers for the DataTraveler; uninstall them and reinsert the drive.

If the DataTraveler starts working ok, reinsert and make sure the drive continues to work.

Rgds
Shiraj Juheer

Spock1958 17:46 27 Aug 07

It seems I had a fault with the card reader. After replacing the hardware the data Traveler worked fine. Why one Data Traveler worked and another didn't on a faulty card reader is another of those PC mysteries.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…