Kindle Power Adaptor - no markings

Graham* 00:53 AM 15 Feb 13

I recently purchased this item from Amazon

It is a mains plug, but doesn't have any markings I consider obligatory, Voltage input/output, milliamps for instance. Surely it is not legalLegal?

BT 08:38 AM 15 Feb 13

Not sure about the legality of the item not being marked, but the specifications are on the Amazon page

Chronos the 2nd 08:56 AM 15 Feb 13

Anything here? PDF.

spuds 09:16 AM 15 Feb 13

I purchased some 'cloned' sat-nav chargers from the same supplier, which some had markings others did not. One fell to bits on removal from a 240v power socket, so I took it up with the seller. They were totally unaware of the legal requirements,so I took up the issues with the local Trading Standards.

The local Trading Standards contacted the Trading Standards in the sellers district, and an 'advisory visit' was made.

All electrical products in the UK 'must' have regulation markings (but this doesn't necessarily confirm the item as been tested and approved, and the item might be dodgy).

Graham* 11:00 AM 15 Feb 13

legalLegal :-)

In the morning sun and a magnifying glass, I have now spotted the input/output details. Click for picture Thanks for looking.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…