Kindle does not see a file transferred from computer

johnincrete 05:36 AM 06 Jan 13

I have downloaded from two Bible files (paid for one, free the other) that have long file names. For convenience, I renamed them to ESV and KJV using "My Computer" before copy/paste to Kindle. I can "see" the files in the documents folder on Kindle with My Computer but Kindle does not display them to select/read. The Kindle Help pages and files, like most help files, contain lots of useful information about all sorts of things but there is no mention of my problem. Could it be something to do with renaming?

Chronos the 2nd 10:17 AM 06 Jan 13

As long as you did not change any file extension (Kindle) then changing the name should not matter.

difarn 11:01 AM 06 Jan 13

I use the Send to Kindle app from Amazon - here, with no problems.

All you have to do is right click, send to, and Kindle is given as an option. Of course you have to make sure that wifi is enabled on your Kindle.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:49 PM 06 Jan 13

Are you using a kindle PC reader app?

Is your PC and Kindle on the same account?

My daughter and I both have machines with kindle accounts but we cannot transfer kindle books from one to the other due to the encryption used to prevent copying / lending.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016