Kindle app on HUDL, I live in Spain

sandy1948 08:59 14 Dec 13

I live in Spain and have an early Xmas present of a HUDL. I am not very tech savvy...sorry. I wand to download some books for when I go on Holiday, so I went into Google Play (already installed on HUDL) And it recognised I was in SPain and only showed me Spanish books. I tried inputting a search for books in English, but that only produced English/Spanish Dictionaries etc. Then someone who owns a Kindle said try Kindle App, but again I could only get books in Spanish. I have a laptop, a netbook now a tablet. Is there another App I should use? Is there a work round as I can't be the only expat who wants to read English books? Please can someone tell me (in simple terms) how I can get books in English onto my HUDL please. I have UK credit/bank cards but they are registered to my Spanish address. As an aside, will I have the same problem if I try to download films? Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:25 14 Dec 13

You could try spoofing the Spanish IP address using a UK VPN or proxy with the tablet

something like this

Woolwell 14:38 14 Dec 13

Try the Kobo app instead.

lotvic 15:13 14 Dec 13

It's because of copyright issues apparently? kindle (app) will only let you buy, download from Amazon.com (US $) not co.uk (£) once it detects you are on a Spanish Server. click here

If you intend buying books other than just from kindle store, then any e-reader app will be okay to read the books. I don't know how the copyright thing works for other stores as surely we ought be able to buy UK versions no matter where we live.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…