Kindle 3 questions

frenchman96 10:27 10 Mar 11

Hi Guys

This Kindle 3 has caught my eye as I am a regular reader, and all reviews up to now have been good.

From what I can gather, the WI only version is adequate as you can read a book wherever you are, you just cannot download if away from your router, which is fine.

Where I am a bit ignorant, is how hard/easy is it to find/buy e-books at a reasonable price, as all my books are bought in charity shops around 50p.

Are they called Kindle books or simply e-books.

Any help from a user would help me.

Graphicool1 11:08 10 Mar 11
  mgmcc 12:26 10 Mar 11

You can install the Kindle software in your PC and use that to browse Amazon's site and buy books - easier than doing it in the Kindle. There are some 'free' books and many at less than £1.

I tend to read on the PC when at home and use the Kindle itself when out of the house, or when reading in bed. If I connect the Kindle to my WiFi router, it will 'sync' to the last page read on the PC.

Have a look also at the "Calibre" software, which can convert eBook formats in computers running Windows, Mac or Linux. click here

frenchman96 13:22 13 Mar 11

mgmcc

I took your advice and downloaded Calibre and it converts well.

Not sure what you meant in your first paragraph.

At moment I am finding sites but loads of links and not a good selection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…