Killing Windows Task Scheduler

DannyOH 21:49 31 Jan 03

As a lone user, I have never seen the need to use the Windows Task Scheduler, and, as it uses system resources, I want to disable it—not just temporarily, but permanently. I am sick and tired of having to "pause" it, or "Stop Using " it each time I restart Windows. Permanently disabling it however does not seem outwardly possible in Win98SE. It is not in the Windows Start Menu Startup folder, and neither is it in MSconfig. So where is it? and how can I kill the damned thing!?
D. O'Hanlon

Switcher 21:57 31 Jan 03

Open scheduler

Select advanced

Select Stop using Task scheduler

BBez 22:08 31 Jan 03

goto Start, Run, type "msconfig" without quotes, then goto startup tab and look for "mstask" and uncheck it... this will stop task scheduler from running...

DannyOH 23:38 31 Jan 03

Switcher wrote: "Open scheduler, Select advanced, Select Stop using Task scheduler."
and
BBex wrote: "goto Start, Run, type "msconfig" without quotes, then goto startup tab and look for "mstask" and uncheck it. "

—Thanks for trying guys, but neither of you seem to have read my message details. I repeat:

There is no "mstask" in my msconfig window, and "disabling" Task Manager only stops it for the current session--it always shows up again after the next restar, and has to be disabled again.

D. O'Hanlon

Switcher 22:39 02 Feb 03

I did read your details very carefully but was not aware what method you were using to stop using task manager.

The method I suggested works for me and I am also on Win98se. Windows help also intimates that using this method will prevent it restarting next time windows is started.

You could try renaming mstask.exe or mstask.dll

bvw in bristol 23:03 02 Feb 03

click here
Might help you.

rev.bem 23:27 02 Feb 03

run msconfig and look for SchedulingAgent if its there remove the tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…