KillDisc not working on 3tb internal Hdd?

Autoschediastic 18:38 07 Sep 14

Afternoon everyone, can you help please i've decided to format a 3tb Seagate Hdd with Active killdisc i've not had any issues before its just a case of booting ur pc with the disc in and its straight forwards...But ive never done it on a large Hdd and i have been having issues with this drive all week? its brand new! i put an OS on it the other day but decided to put the 64 bit version on it now so when i get to the final page/command i would normally just press F10 but this isnt working when i press the F10 nothing happens the pc still runs fine but killdisc doesnt do a thing and ive left it for 10 minutes and still nothing? has anyone any ideas pls? here is a screen shot also does anyone know of a decent prog i could use to format from boot?

Many thanks

(Screenshot) click here

rdave13 19:14 07 Sep 14

I've not used KillDisk but it looks like version 9 should cope with a 3TB disc, click here.

Autoschediastic 22:37 07 Sep 14

"Rdave" thanks for that, i have just purchased it and you are correct the old version i had wasnt for the large Hdd's so a bit ty! having tried that newer version i got this error?

click here

rdave13 22:55 07 Sep 14

You could have tried the free version first before purchasing. Nevertheless an I/O error on a hard drive means it's u/s. It's also showing as 128GB?

Input/Output error of any sorts means the drive is defective and I would RMA it.

Autoschediastic 23:15 07 Sep 14

RMA it? whats this Dave? btw thanks once again ;-)

rdave13 23:29 07 Sep 14

Contact your supplier/seller to say the drive is defective. KillDisk showing I/O errors and capacity showing as only 128GB.

RMA means that the supplier should give you a Return Merchandise Authorization, with free post label, to return for inspection, repair and/or replacement.

Contact them first and state the problems with the drive including your link here showing I/O errors. If you've bought off the likes of Amazon you should have no problems at all.

Autoschediastic 12:11 10 Sep 14

Dave many thanks ive sent it back! i am really greatfull of your time and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant