KillDisc not working on 3tb internal Hdd?

Autoschediastic 18:38 07 Sep 14

Afternoon everyone, can you help please i've decided to format a 3tb Seagate Hdd with Active killdisc i've not had any issues before its just a case of booting ur pc with the disc in and its straight forwards...But ive never done it on a large Hdd and i have been having issues with this drive all week? its brand new! i put an OS on it the other day but decided to put the 64 bit version on it now so when i get to the final page/command i would normally just press F10 but this isnt working when i press the F10 nothing happens the pc still runs fine but killdisc doesnt do a thing and ive left it for 10 minutes and still nothing? has anyone any ideas pls? here is a screen shot also does anyone know of a decent prog i could use to format from boot?

Many thanks

(Screenshot) click here

rdave13 19:14 07 Sep 14

I've not used KillDisk but it looks like version 9 should cope with a 3TB disc, click here.

Autoschediastic 22:37 07 Sep 14

"Rdave" thanks for that, i have just purchased it and you are correct the old version i had wasnt for the large Hdd's so a bit ty! having tried that newer version i got this error?

click here

rdave13 22:55 07 Sep 14

You could have tried the free version first before purchasing. Nevertheless an I/O error on a hard drive means it's u/s. It's also showing as 128GB?

Input/Output error of any sorts means the drive is defective and I would RMA it.

Autoschediastic 23:15 07 Sep 14

RMA it? whats this Dave? btw thanks once again ;-)

rdave13 23:29 07 Sep 14

Contact your supplier/seller to say the drive is defective. KillDisk showing I/O errors and capacity showing as only 128GB.

RMA means that the supplier should give you a Return Merchandise Authorization, with free post label, to return for inspection, repair and/or replacement.

Contact them first and state the problems with the drive including your link here showing I/O errors. If you've bought off the likes of Amazon you should have no problems at all.

Autoschediastic 12:11 10 Sep 14

Dave many thanks ive sent it back! i am really greatfull of your time and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…