Kids first computer-surprise at startup wanted

Graham ® 19:54 14 Dec 05

I'm setting up a PC for a friend's kids, it's a Christmas present. They're 6 and 8, and used to PCs by now.

I want to surprise them (and their parents) with what comes on the screen at startup.

I've done a Powerpoint desktop for a starter, but I'm sure you will have some improvements to suggest.

stalion 20:00 14 Dec 05

go here and download (rudolph missed the roof) and include it in powerpoint
click here

stalion 20:00 14 Dec 05

go here and download (rudolph missed the roof) and include it in powerpoint
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:13 14 Dec 05

Customize Your Windows XP Login Logo
click here

Change the BOOT scrren
click here

Graham ® 20:27 14 Dec 05

stalion, thanks. That wouldn't work, I only used Powerpoint to create a message with background, then saved it as a gif.

Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks, I don't want to change things that much!

I have in mind the Christmas lights flashing round the screen.

VoG II 20:31 14 Dec 05
  Graham ® 20:59 14 Dec 05

This is one of the items I was thinking of:
click here

SG Atlantis® 21:34 14 Dec 05

that's neat.

thanks Graham

canard 21:54 14 Dec 05

click here holiday lights- loadsa fun xmas lights and decorations- good over suitable wallpaper.

lotvic 00:10 15 Dec 05

bookmarked - looks good, thanks

Hi, I put in a search for "Free desktop themes" and found a lovely Christmas one, which has Santa as the cursor (he rings his bell instead of the egg timer)and a snowy scene for the background, the screensaver has christmas music and Santa comes along on a sleigh and delivers presents to the house. I think it was on the MS website. If you can't find it I'll look later- at least it is just a theme which can be selected or deselected!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…