Kicking the Mesh Logo into Touch

jockym 23:55 12 Nov 03

When booting up the pc I see on the desktop in the top right hand corner the Mesh Computers Logo. Is there any way to hide it?
Cheers the noo

Lozzy 08:47 13 Nov 03

Try this click here

Psiman 08:57 13 Nov 03

this desktop background is called 'Bliss'.
The way I got around it with my Mesh PC was to cut and paste a plain copy of bliss from another XP installation into the destop listings. Then from ..display properties..destop, select the 'plain bliss' and away you go.

Stuartli 09:27 13 Nov 03

Or use something from your own album, perhaps a family member, a racy supercar etc.

I've got Autumn on at present - it's a beautiful photograph and listed in Display Properties>Desktop.

Psiman 09:47 13 Nov 03

Unfortunately, all the XP desktop backgrounds supplied by Mesh, carry their logo. It can be very intrusive at times as the Mesh logo is quite large and in white lettering. This completely spoils a darker background such as Autumn.

At the moment I use click here freeware.

Sir Radfordin 11:10 13 Nov 03

If it really is in the desktop backgrounds then you can't do anything about it apart from find other images. On some of the Mesh restore disks you will find the orignals without their logo.

If this is at some other point you may have to alter the BIOS. Haven't seen any Mesh computers with that though.

Stuartli 14:28 13 Nov 03

Although I use a friend's Mesh system occasionally I wasn't aware that the desktop logo was on all the background files...:-)

So may I suggest again that you go for an individual touch and use one (or build a folder of some of them) of your own pix or one found on the Net, where there are literally many millions to choose from.

sierra 15:49 13 Nov 03

I did not get rid of the logo's until i had to re-install xp from oem disc supplied by Mesh. Until then i used my own photo's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5