kicked back into windows

splooshman 09 Jan 13

i use win 7 and play online gaming, when playing rift every so often i get kicked out of the game and into desktop, i just click on the rift icon and get bck in again, but the above happens again, there seems to be a lot of noise like the fans are starting up or the harddrives, ive no idea, the comp has been bck to the shop and a new graphics card has been put in as well as a new power supply, all my drivers are updated, just wondering if anyone would no y this is happening, thank you

Chronos the 2nd 09 Jan 13

Sounds like overheating but I cannot be sure. You do not say what GPU you are using? In fact what is the make and model of your PC?

scotty 09 Jan 13

Try disabling your firewall. I have seen ZoneAlarm producing similar symptoms.

splooshman 09 Jan 13

i,m using a radeon hd 7800 series, computer was made by palicomp, and its been back to the shop 4 times, but i have no idea why it does this, i use mcafee virus software from bt, thanks

Chronos the 2nd 09 Jan 13

Which Palicom PC? http://www.palicomp.co.uk/

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message